Our 2018-2019 Community Resource Development Grant has been awarded for this fiscal year. Please check back in July 2019 when we will be announcing our grant for the 2018-2019 year.
Congratulations to MOCEANS Center for Independent Living, Inc.! Their proposal to add the Step Up Pre-Employment Training program to their programming was scored the highest by our review committee and they were awarded our full $25,000.
Step Up training courses include:
- Pre-Employment Instructional Support
- Rights and Responsibilities of the Employee and Employer
- Title I of the ADA
- Keys to Obtaining & Retaining Jobs and Enriching Quality of Adult Life
- Working well with a Disability
- Employment Readiness Instructional Supports
- Community Based Work Experience
- Steps in Vocational Planning
- Understanding Employee Benefits
- Fiscal Compensation and Managing Finances
- Assistive Technology
- Tolls to Employment
- How to Maintain Employment
- Time Management and Organization in the Workplace
- Conflict Resolutions in the Workplace
MOCEANS Center for Independent Living accepts referrals for any youth 14-21 years of age that has a 504, IEP, or disability diagnosis and is accessible to parents, educators, social service providers, and other community members.
For more information on MOCEANS and their full programming, or to reach out in regards to the Step Up program please visit their website here: https://www.moceanscil.org/