Wraparound is a family-driven, team-based process for planning and implementing services and supports for youth with complex needs. (See our Wraparound page for further information)
- Together, we are focused on your child and centered on your family.
- Together, we respect family culture, family values, preferences and abilities.
- Together, we build your team based on your family strengths and needs using people and connections to support you in the community.
As part of this planning process, you are assigned a Care Manager who will be responsible for working directly with your family. Your Care Manager will meet with you and your child to learn how they can help.
Your MonmouthCares Care Manager will:
- Listen to find out what you are experiencing and what you really need to make life better for your family, and help you create your family VISION.
- Plan with you to create an Individual Service Plan (ISP) based on the strengths, needs, abilities and preferences you and your family identify.
Your Vision - Your Goals. . .
Your care manager will ask you to prepare your thoughts about your Vision and help you write a positive Vision statement to guide your plan over the next months of working together:
- How do you wish things to be in the future for you and your family?
- What will life be like when things get better?
- This is YOUR Vision, and it is a vision for the entire family.
Your Abilities, and Preferences. . .
Your Care manager wants to learn about you and your family, to help plan with you and build your Child and Family Team to achieve your Vision. Help us learn about your family:
- What makes you happy?
- What do you celebrate?
- Who you are?
- What inspires you?
- What are you good at doing?
- How do you want to be contacted?
- Who shares in your life?
- How do you like to be addressed?
Your Strengths and Needs…
To help figure out the best way to move forward, your care manager will have a conversation with you, using the Strengths and Needs Assessment (SNA) Tool.
The Strengths and Needs Assessment is a comprehensive communication tool to determine the strengths, needs, abilities and preferences that you and your family currently have.
The SNA tool is used to:
- Direct your Wraparound planning process, so the most important needs are being worked on.
- Guide your team in determining the appropriate level of care management.
- Monitor the outcomes and progress of the Team Process.
- Ensure your family is receiving the right kind of care, delivered in the right way.
There are many ways to meet your needs!
The first step is honesty – Wraparound works best when your Care Manager has the information they need to help guide the planning process, so your family can be successful. Such as:
- Your strengths, abilities and preferences
- Your family traditions and cultural values
- Your history of treatment and services in the past
- Areas of concern and worry that you’d like to work on
We work to offer families a choice in the providers. Should you have any preference in receiving services with a particular cultural or ethnic orientation, please feel free to bring this to the attention of your Care Manager.
- If your child or a family member is in need of an interpreter, please ask your Care Manager to coordinate this service for you.
- If you or a family member is disabled, MonmouthCares will work to accommodate your needs to the best of our ability.
- MonmouthCares uses providers from many different cultural & ethnic backgrounds.
MonmouthCares is dedicated to helping children, young adults & families live their lives to the fullest.
Our goal is to keep the youth of Monmouth County at home, in school, and in the community.